Hi there, I’m Christina!
I’ve created this website/blog to share my journey and experience with waste reduction, composting and garbage in general. I attempted to create a website and podcast around this same topic a few years ago but failed miserably – work and life got in the way, and I didn’t have the time or energy to dedicate to it.
I’ve had quite a few life changes recently, which have given me the opportunity to get back to this thing again and see how far I can get with it. My goal here is simple: to share information and stories about waste. I’m not interested in making this my full time job, making money off of the site or selling you any products. I may mention items that I’ve found particularly life changing or useful, but I have no stake in any of the products – you can make your own decisions about what items will be useful for you. Disclaimer: I am not an expert in this field! I’m just a person with a passion and some experience hoping to share what I can with you. There are plenty of video series, books and magazines that will give you professional, scientific and comprehensive information around these topics. Do your own research and find what works best for you and your loved ones!
Now on the personal side, here are some fun facts about me:
- In 2017 I took the Master Composter Recycler volunteer program course through the City of Edmonton. This is where my love of waste and waste reduction truly blossomed. I am still a volunteer with the program and hope to continue with volunteering for decades to come.
- I’m an improviser with Rapid Fire Theatre, and before that improvised with the University of Alberta Improv Group (UIG) for many years. I love the joy and fun of improv – it is truly being able to play and be creative with the best friends in the world for an audience of strangers to enjoy.
- I’ve been a vegetarian since January 1, 2014. I just had my six year veggie-versary, and I am still just as happy and at peace with my decision now. I’m lactose intolerant – so becoming a vegetarian wasn’t that difficult. Thank goodness for dairy-free ice cream!
- I love growing my own food and flowers – I’m still fairly new to gardening, but I enjoy it oh so much.
- Camping and hiking are a great pastime for myself and my partner – we love spending time outdoors surrounded by forrest or vast prairie.
Thank you so much for joining me on this journey. I appreciate you coming along, and I hope you learn something useful!
xoxo – Christina